As a new year approaches, it would be nice to have a good solid guide to help you structure your life the way you want it to look like. That is why we at BeLoved In-Home Care LLC, your trusted provider of top-quality in-home Care in Bluffton, South Carolina, are giving you this list of healthy New Year’s Resolutions as recommended by the American Geriatrics Society’s Health in Aging Foundation.
- Eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fish, low-fat dairy, and healthy fats
- Be more active
- See your healthcare provider regularly
- Quit smoking (if you do smoke)
- Toast with a small glass
- Guard yourself against falls
- Give your brain regular workouts
- Speak up when you feel down or anxious
- Get enough sleep every night (7-8 hours)
- Reconsider using vitamin or nutrition supplements as many older adults don’t need them
It’s important that you give yourself ample time to reflect on what changes you want to make in your life for the coming year. Start drafting your own resolutions list today!
Looking for ways to finance elderly care?